After the huge success of the ESP8266 IOT modules , the AI-THINKER company now introduces the new GSM Module A6. In near future this module will be available at half the price of SIM900. This is mini GSM / GPRS core development board based on GPRS A6 module. It supports dual-band GSM/GPRS network, available for GPRS and SMS message data remote transmission. The board features compact size and low current consumption. With power saving technique, the current consumption is as low as 3mA in sleep mode.
– Working frequency: quad-band network, 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
– Working voltage: 4.5~5.5V DC (On-board voltage regulator circuit supply power for A6 module)
– Working current: maximum of 2A
– Sleep current: 5mA
– Onboard Micro SIM card holder, you can install Micro SIM card
– Onboard Micro USB interface for external power supply
– Communication Interface: TTL serial port
– Baud rate: 115200bps and it can also be set by AT command.
– Interface logic voltage: 3.3V
– Make and answer phone calls using a headset and electret microphone.
– Send and receive SMS messages.
– Send and receive GPRS data (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.) .